Do you need a remote DBA service for your MySQL?
Do you want to study how to get the most out of your MySQL configuration and architecture?
Do you need us to help you opt for the different options: cluster, replica, Enterprise?…
Cluster. Active-active replica in which database changes are performed on all nodes simultaneously in a transparent way for applications. The advantages it offers are:
- High Availability in data access
- Scalability. You can add new nodes in a transparent way to users.
- Automatic Failover. If a failure occurs on one of the nodes only the flight transactions in that node will be affected, the rest will be completed without interruptions.
- Redundancy. There are different types of nodes in a MySQL cluster, which in turn can be replicated to reduce the cluster failure point.
- High performance. It is designed for fast access, always enabled to data that are under high performance conditions.
Replica. This option allows us to keep copies of our master database in one or more locations (slaves). This is a method of asynchronous replication that allows us to copy the data without having the servers constantly connected between them. The advantages that MySQL replication gives us are:
- To be able to make copies of our databases in very distant locations with each other, allowing us a quick recovery in case of problems in the main site.
- Replicate the data we need. You can make copies of all the databases, of which we are interested or only of some tables in particular.
- Allows you to isolate the primary database for writes. All the processes of reading such as reports, data extraction, analysis processes, etc. can be performed on the secondary servers. Even the backups can be run on these servers so as not to interfere with the operations of the principal.
MySQL Enterprise. The commercial version of MySQL offers us a series of features and tools to achieve the best levels of scalability, security and availability by reducing the risks and complexity of deploying critical applications. The options included are:
- MySQL Enterprise Backup. It allows the realization of hot copies being able to be complete, incremental or partial. Also make recoveries at a particular point of time and compression of the copies.
- MySQL Enterprise High Availability. Utility that allows us to analyze and implement high availability solutions with proven and certified solutions.
- MySQL Enterprise Scalability. It allows us to measure the requirements of our platform if we need to increase the number of users of the same.
- MySQL Enterprise Security. It provides modules to integrate the security of our database with the security infrastructure of our company.
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor. It is in charge of monitoring and sending alerts on possible alerts that affect the performance or availability of our database.
- MySQL Workbench. Graphical tool for the administration and development of our database.
- MySQL Technical Support. 24×7 support for installation, development, critical errors, etc.
Jobs offered by GPS under the different service formulas:
System Performance Analysis:
- Study of the use of the resources of the machine (CPU, memory, disk, network interfaces).
- Identification of bottlenecks.
- Configuration of MySQL parameters and variables.
- Analysis of system scalability using replication or cluster techniques.
- Disk-space management and database growth monitoring.
- Automatic log review.
- Analysis of data schemas and adaptations to improve performance.
- Study of queries, identifying the slow or heavy, and evaluating the best alternative to reduce their cost, using indexes, partitioning, use of queries cache, replication, etc.
- Identification of locks in the database.
- MySQL server monitoring.
Backup and Recovery management:
- Study of the best alternative to back up the database in both time and space.
- Periodic recovery tests.
- User management and securing.
- Assign privileges over database objects
- Database access Control.
MySQL manager version:
- Analysis of version change of the MySQL manager, provided that it provides some benefit, such as the resolution of bugs that affect our database or the need for new features of the latest versions.
High availability. Analysis of High Availability alternatives (Replication with Heartbeat vs. Cluster S.O.):
- MySQL with DRBD + Heartbeat: does not need replication, keeps the disk replicated via network.
- MySQL with bi-directional replication (double direction) + Heartbeat.
- MySQL Cluster: the best solution.