SQL Server Remote DBA
Sometimes the lack of experience or availability to undertake migration projects and or updates, coupled with the little and expensive consulting availability of these services from the manufacturer make some companies avoid facing these types of projects for fear of possible problems or unwanted stops on a production platform. GPS is offered as a trusted partner to deal with these jobs through specialized advice and remote DBA services.
Whether it’s advice for improvement projects, backup or tuning policies, our SQL Server DBAs service will provide your systems and database department with a second opinion, a query value of a partner with the same goal as yoursImprove performance and service quality that run under your SQL Server platform
The service will be destined to help, plan and execute together with the management of the IT department, the necessary actions for a better use of the resources that the company has.
The works would be oriented to issue a first report of the status of the SQL platform and a final report of recommendations according to the specifications and recommendations of Microsoft, in addition to exposing the results of the analyzes and statistics collected during the monitoring of the SQL Server environment.
Report and review the parameterization of SQL Server instances.
- Report and review of the versions, Services packs and cumulative updates of the instances.
- Report and review backup policies
- Report and review of security policies for SQL Server instances.
- Revision of the storage architecture used (Data files, Log files, RAID, LUNs, etc.).
- Reviewing the configuration of the system databases for each instance.
- Report and recommendations of high-availability systems.
- Report and review of maintenance plans
- Collection of statistics of the system and of the databases in the moments of maximum load and for several consecutive days.
- Analysis of the maximum thresholds reached during this data collection to adjust the system to them.
- Disk access analysis.
- Analysis of the most common waits of the database and report of possible recommendations oriented to its optimization.
- Analysis of the heaviest queries for later review
- Recommendations from the Microsoft Best Practice Analyzer.